Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Under the crabbing dock






So a few years ago I found my initials carved into the bench at the end of the dock. They were surrounded by a heart and someone else's initials. Pretty exciting. For some reason I was sure that it was about me but now I can't remember why. Maybe it was actually my name, not just initials. I didn't bother to check on this trip. We didn't even walk out on the dock, just stood under it. The exciting part of the day was finding all of the clear little jelly fish. My brothers and cousins and I used to have fights with these things. We'd dig a little pit and smoosh all the dead jelly fish up into mush. Then launch them at each other. Pretty fun. My kids weren't interested in that activity. They tried to sneak some home though.

No comments: